Happy Valentine’s Day!!! By now most everyone has planned their day and night out for Valentine’s Day, but if you have not here are a few ideas that are not only good for Valentine’s Day, but any day that you want to have a date night. This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday so the beginning of the week celebration is hard. Some couples celebrated during this past weekend and others will incorporate their celebration in to next weekend because it is President’s weekend. Whatever you decide to do whether go out, get away or stay at home, there is no right or wrong way to spend the day. The important thing is to remember that God gave you that special someone to share your love with and every day of the year, not just Valentine’s Day, is an opportunity to show that special someone that you love them with your words and acts of love.
If you are still looking for something to do on Valentine’s Day or a few days later, here are a few ideas:
- Try a dessert only place
2. Go to a show or a play
3. Take a moonlight carriage ride in the park
4.Plan a romantic dinner out on the town ( just be prepared for set menus at certain places and reservations will be needed)
5. Check your town for art festivals
6. A weekend getaway
7. A night at a bed and breakfast (Mt Dora is beautiful with its historical places)
8. A couples massage and pampering at a spa ( check out groupon for specials)
9. A walk on Park Avenue in Winter Park, ending at a cafe for coffee and romantic whispers
10. If you are staying home, rent a romantic movie, order take out from your favorite place and dance to your favorite song (if you have kids, maybe a night at grandma’s or babysitter for a few hours. It is a school night so dinner may need to be a little earlier)
11. Champagne toast Balloon Ride
12. Picnic in the park or at the beach
13. Dinner or lunch cruise ( Rivership Romance has some great excursions on the St. John’s River)
14. Fondue for two (The Melting Pot has several locations )
15. Dancing the night away (Universal City Walk and Disney’s Pleasure Island have dancing halls)
Whatever you and your sweetie decide to do on this day, enjoy it. It does not have to be fancy and expensive to show someone that you love them. If all you can do is write a love letter and say , ‘honey I love you,” then make it the best handwritten letter and I love you that you can think of.
Happy Valentine’s Day from the Moores! We hope that you enjoyed this 14 day countdown to Valentine’s Day!
Follow my blog for other inspirational writings.
Follow me on my Facebook page
A lot of guys think about Valentine’s Day as the perfect day to ask their sweetie to marry them. Many of the guys give a lot of thought about creative ways to ask their sweetheart to marry them. They think of hiring photography and videography to capture that special moment. Many times they create a romantic getaway with their true love. When planning this special proposal, be certain that she will say yes, that is key! Marriage is a long-term commitment not to be taken lightly. Once you know for sure that your sweetheart is the one for you and you know that she feels that way too, then it’s time to prepare for the big day. If your sweetheart is the romantic type, then a baseball game in the middle of the field is probably not the right way to propose as she may feel uncomfortable. Know your bride to be and what her personality is, that will always guide you.
Some other tips:
- Many women know that if there has been talk of marriage that a proposal may take place on this day. To keep the element of surprise, when you invite her to dinner at 7pm, let her know that you will be by to pick her up at 6 ( depending on distance of restaurant) then show up to her doorstep in a chauffeured driven limo with a harpist in the background playing a beautiful romantic song as you ask her to marry you. Totally unexpected!!!
2. Do think about what she is wearing on the day that you propose especially if you are going to capture the moment on video or photography.
3. Now if your sweetheart is more reserved and does not like a big pomp and circumstance, don’t plan a big public proposal. Instead opt for a quiet location where it is just the two of you, the beach, the lake or favorite park.
3. If you are looking to propose just the two of you in a special getaway, consider Turks and Caicos, on a candlelit romantic dinner on the beach!
How about Alaska?
Best wishes to all the guys thinking of that special Valentine’s Day proposal!!
Contact 27 Miracles today to plan that special proposal.
Many couples contact 27 Miracles when they get engaged, sometimes they contact us with the day of engagement because they are so excited to start planning the big day!
Follow me on my Facebook page
As we approach Valentine’s Day weekend some couples want to plan a romantic getaway locally and some have a few more days that they can get away to a beach or ski resort. Whichever you do, plan on lots of romance and making it just about the two of you.
I remember my Valentine’s Day weekend last year. Funny enough we had always wanted to go see the smoky mountains but due to our busy schedules with school, work, business and an active family life, we could never just get it on the schedule. By the time we planned to do something, everything was booked or very expensive since it was Valentine’s Day weekend. We decided to go to Mount Dora and find a bed and breakfast on a Saturday afternoon to stay at and just make it a relaxing weekend. The weather was beautiful for Florida, a nice Florida winter. We stopped at the famous Yalaha Bakery for lunch and ate on their outside picnic tables. It was great to be outdoors enjoying the Florida crisp air and talking with my Valentine.
As we were eating we could not help but reminisce about not going to the mountains. Marcus, my husband and Valentine, said, “you know what, let’s just get in the car and drive North until we get tired and then we will stay in a hotel and go exploring in Georgia.” I said, “are you crazy, it’s 4pm.” But the excitement of the unknown with my Valentine, set the mood and so off we went!!!
We talked as we drove out the interstate to Georgia. We had the best conversations and left business talk at home. We stopped a few hours later at a Marriott in Macon Georgia and when we arrived, we dropped our overnight bags and went to the hotel restaurant. We had our favorite gourmet pizza, Marguerita pizza and enjoyed more laughter. Later on, we walked around the hotel and enjoyed some coffee while we thought about the drastic temperature change ( it was 25 degrees, definitely not the 60 we left in Florida!)
The next morning, Valentine’s Day, we woke up, had a hearty breakfast and checked out to go start our day exploring. We drove out to see mountains and stopped at a few antique shops and enjoyed each other’s company as we strolled on the cold streets of Georgia. We had lunch (indoors of course) at a cute little cafe and continued our exploration of the Georgia mountains. We went on the winding curves of Blood Mountain and just enjoyed the cold, but breath-taking views.
At the end of the day we had to head back home as we both had to be at work the next day. We drove what seemed like all night (we had drifted 3 hours beyond Macon, so that added time to our trip). But on the way home with a coffee stop and dinner stop, we talked about our lives together and what we have accomplished. We also talked about how much we enjoyed being with each other.
The trip to many may seem crazy because it was so unplanned and most that know me, know as a wedding and event planner I have everything planned to the last minute. But what was great was just that , the spontaneous last minute trip. It made us feel relaxed, because we did not have an agenda to be anywhere or see anyone at any special time.
Enjoy the rest of our pictures from our Georgia adventure!
So the next time you get an idea to do something different and unplanned, go for it, you will find those are going to be your most treasured moments!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Follow me on my Facebook page
Let’s face it, when you think about Valentine’s Day, everyone gets romantic and tries to find a way to tell that special someone they are loved. There have been some great poets and romance writers in our history. Today I want to bring you the story of Elizabeth Barrett and English poet Robert Browning.
Elizabeth Barrett was born in to a wealthy and very well-known family. Elizabeth was a poet, however she was disabled and lived in her father’s house. It was known that her father was a very domineering and controlling man. One day a friend of Robert Browning introduced him to Elizabeth, which he had known about through reading her poetry in 1845. When they met, despite her disability of not being able to walk, they fell in love. Elizabeth’s father did not like Robert because he thought he was only dating her for the family inheritance. Elizabeth and Robert dated secretly and wrote each other love letters. In 1846, hundreds of letters later, they eloped. The sad part of this love relationship was that her father disowned her and her brothers did as well because they felt he was just after their money. Elizabeth was in love and she did not let her family disowning her affect her relationship with Robert. Elizabeth and Robert eventually moved to Italy where they had a son in 1849.
She remained in Italy with her husband and published Sonnets from the Portuguese from 1845–1846 and published first during 1850. “This is a collection of 44 love sonnets written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.” Read there here .
Read Robert Browning’s first letter to Elizabeth Barrett below:
10 January 1845
New Cross, Hatcham, Surrey.
I love your verses with all my heart, dear Miss Barrett,-and this is no off-hand complimentary letter that I shall write,-whatever else, no prompt matter-of-course recognition of your genius and there a graceful and natural end of the thing: since the day last week when I first read your poems, I quite laugh to remember how I have been turning and turning again in my mind what I should be able to tell you of their effect upon me-for in the first flush of delight I thought I would this once get out of my habit of purely passive enjoyment, when I do really enjoy, and thoroughly justify my admiration-perhaps even, as a loyal fellow-craftsman should, try and find fault and do you some little good to be proud of hereafter!-but nothing comes of it all-so into me has it gone, and part of me has it become, this great living poetry of yours, not a flower of which but took root and grew .. oh, how different that is from lying to be dried and pressed flat and prized highly and put in a book with a proper account at top and bottom, and shut up and put away .. and the book called a “Flora,” besides! After all, I need not give up the thought of doing that, too, in time; because even now, talking with whoever is worthy, I can give a reason for my faith in one and another excellence, the fresh strange music, the affluent language, the exquisite pathos and true new brave thought-but in this addressing myself to you, your own self, and for the first time, my feeling rises altogether. I do, as I say, love these Books with all my heart-and I love you too: do you know I was once not very far from seeing .. really seeing you? Mr Kenyon said to me one morning “would you like to see Miss Barrett?”-then he went to announce me,-then he returned .. you were too unwell-and now it is years ago-and I feel as at some untoward passage in my travels-as if I had been close, so close, to some world’s-wonder in chapel or crypt, .. only a screen to push and I might have entered-but there was some slight .. so it now seems .. slight and just-sufficient bar to admission, and the half-opened door shut, and I went home my thousands of miles, and the sight was never to be! Well, these Poems were to be-and this true thankful joy and pride with which I feel myself.
The love letters between Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett can be found here.
Follow me on my Facebook page
Most recently I asked people what they considered the best Valentine’s Day Gifts they ever received or would like to have. The girls answers and the guys answers you think would be different , but at the end of the questions asked, they all had the same answer and that was to spend quality time with the person that they loved and to be told that they were loved. Everyone wants to feel like they are appreciated and loved by someone.
Here are ten ways to make someone feel loved:
- Write a little note saying “I love you” and tape it to the bathroom mirror the night before so that when they wake up in the morning they find it
- Make your significant other lunch and pack it for them and place a note in it to say “I am thinking about you.”
- Make a book about all the reasons that you love your significant other and give it to them
- Take a long walk around the park or in your neighborhood and pick one topic to talk about, “the day you met and how each of you felt”
- Watch a romantic movie at home and afterwards sit out on the patio or porch and reminisce about the first time that you kissed and what each of you thought about.
- Cook dinner together and surprise each other with a massage afterwards
- Take the day off from work and surprise her with lunch at a romantic cafe and avoid the rush crowds at night then take a walk to the park and enjoy a nature walk together holding hands
- Plan a weekend getaway to a cabin or bed and breakfast and just rekindle moments together
- Write a love poem for your wife/husband even if does not rhyme. Write from your heart.
- Get a dozen roses and on each one place a note telling her 12 things you love about her
Enjoy the planning of your Valentine’s Day!
Follow me on my Facebook page