Valentine’s Day is Here
Happy Valentine’s Day!!! By now most everyone has planned their day and night out for Valentine’s Day, but if you have not here are a few ideas that are not only good for Valentine’s Day, but any day that you want to have a date night. This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday so the beginning of the week celebration is hard. Some couples celebrated during this past weekend and others will incorporate their celebration in to next weekend because it is President’s weekend. Whatever you decide to do whether go out, get away or stay at home, there is no right or wrong way to spend the day. The important thing is to remember that God gave you that special someone to share your love with and every day of the year, not just Valentine’s Day, is an opportunity to show that special someone that you love them with your words and acts of love.
If you are still looking for something to do on Valentine’s Day or a few days later, here are a few ideas:
- Try a dessert only place
2. Go to a show or a play
3. Take a moonlight carriage ride in the park
4.Plan a romantic dinner out on the town ( just be prepared for set menus at certain places and reservations will be needed)
5. Check your town for art festivals
6. A weekend getaway
7. A night at a bed and breakfast (Mt Dora is beautiful with its historical places)
8. A couples massage and pampering at a spa ( check out groupon for specials)
9. A walk on Park Avenue in Winter Park, ending at a cafe for coffee and romantic whispers
10. If you are staying home, rent a romantic movie, order take out from your favorite place and dance to your favorite song (if you have kids, maybe a night at grandma’s or babysitter for a few hours. It is a school night so dinner may need to be a little earlier)
11. Champagne toast Balloon Ride
12. Picnic in the park or at the beach
13. Dinner or lunch cruise ( Rivership Romance has some great excursions on the St. John’s River)
14. Fondue for two (The Melting Pot has several locations )
15. Dancing the night away (Universal City Walk and Disney’s Pleasure Island have dancing halls)
Whatever you and your sweetie decide to do on this day, enjoy it. It does not have to be fancy and expensive to show someone that you love them. If all you can do is write a love letter and say , ‘honey I love you,” then make it the best handwritten letter and I love you that you can think of.
Happy Valentine’s Day from the Moores! We hope that you enjoyed this 14 day countdown to Valentine’s Day!
Follow my blog for other inspirational writings.